1. AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This web site and the app you will be using is called the “Service” which is owned by Skills2Use Limited and is made available to you on the following Terms and Conditions called “Terms”. By using the “Service” you are deemed to accept these “Terms” and any additional terms and conditions which apply to services and information provided by third parties.
When the Terms are altered we will post the changes on the website so we recommend that you visit it frequently to find out if any have been made. Your continued use of the Service following any such change will indicate your acceptance of the new Terms and your acceptance of them. You may stop using the Service at any time.
It is important that if you are under eighteen (18) years of age you should gain agreement from a parent or legal guardian before using these Services.
The Service is used by you entirely at your own risk. Any comments you have about it should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. LICENCE FOR SERVICE
You are granted a revocable limited non-assignable licence to use the Service for your personal use only.
You may not use the Service or any information or materials contained in the Service for any commercial purpose. Any unauthorised use may also violate applicable laws including copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes.
This licence is revocable at any time so we may terminate or suspend it at any time if you breach these Terms. You will at your cost comply with all instructions and regulations from time to time issued by Skills2Use.
You will give all consents necessary to enable Skills2Use to operate the Agreement and the provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
3. USAGE OF SERVICE
Credit cards: payment using a credit card is required to access the Service using the Stripe secure transaction environment. We will only charge your credit card when the Service is available. Your credit card information is not retained after payment.
Browsers: please update your browser so we can provide you the best possible service. The Service supports the current and most recent previous versions of all popular browsers and follows the HTML 4.01 (loose) and CSS 2.1 W3C standards. We do not support Internet Explorer 7 and 8 or older browsers as Microsoft, Facebook and Google have stopped supporting them. If your browser is not supported you may still be able to access the Service although you may encounter issues.
We reserve the right to monitor your use of the Service in order to maintain and improve it and to protect our Content and the content of any third parties and to protect other users of the Service.
The information and services available on the site are provided for you to discover your skills and collate other information needed to produce CVs, personal statements or other documents to assist applications for courses or jobs and generally developing your career. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no commercial purpose.
While using the Service you agree to be the sole data controller of your personal data and will be solely responsible for its processing for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. YOUR ACCOUNT
Only one registration per person is allowed and you will not allow anyone else to use your account or use anyone else’s account or impersonate or try to impersonate another person.
It is your responsibility to keep your registration and account information up to date.
You agree to ensure the ongoing security and confidentiality of your information including your password and are responsible for everything done using your account.
If you believe that someone else may have access to or be using your account you must notify us immediately as you are responsible for any actions carried out by any person using your account details.
5. SERVICE CONTENT
“Content” means all copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights including but not limited to all trademarks, patents, domain names, designs, rights in data, confidential information and know-how rights (registered or unregistered) and all information and materials available in the Service as well as the structure of the Service.
Use of the Service does not give you any proprietary rights in the Service and/or Content which all belong to Skills2Use or its licensors or third party suppliers.
You must not do any of the following in relation to the Content and/or the Service
– Copy, modify, reproduce, display or create derivative works
– Licence, resell or redistribute
– Transfer, post, publish, transmit or distribute
– Any other exploitative activities
without the prior written consent of Skills2Use.
6. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You agree that you will solely use the Service for lawful purposes and will abide by these Terms.
You agree that you will not use the Service for unacceptable activities including and not limited to the below:
– Commence or encourage any activity that breaches the law, public morality or public order
– Expose any person to material that is obscene, unlawful, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or ethically offensive, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, harmful to minors, violate the rights of any party or is otherwise objectionable.
– In any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Service.
– Send any material containing Trojan horses, viruses, worms or corrupted data or other harmful or destructive items.
– Hack or gain unauthorised access to any server, network or hardware.
– Use the Service in any way that could overload, damage, disable, disrupt or harm the Service or any server or the network(s) associated to any server or interfere with any other user’s use of the Service.
– Adapt, modify or reverse engineer any of our systems or protocols.
– Launch or use any automated system, including but not limited to “spiders”, “robots”, “load testers” etc that sends more messages to the servers in a certain time frame than a person can reasonably produce in the same amount of time using the Service.
– Register user accounts using any automated process.
– Send distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes.
– Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
– Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any filtering, security measures or other features to protect the Service, its users or third parties.
– Act in any manner that could conceivably harm the interests of Skills2Use or damage the reputation of Skills2Use.
7. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
You warrant and represent that
– Any Information meaning data, text, photos, video, audio, graphics and all other material which you introduce into the Service does not breach these Terms in any respect.
– You own or control all rights in the Information.
– The Information is accurate and not misleading.
– The provision or submission of the Information and use by us will not infringe the rights of any third party including without limitation any rights in respect of data protection or confidentiality.
– You are solely responsible for any Information exchanged between you and any people you choose to communicate with through this Service or otherwise.
– You accept that the internet is never entirely secure and therefore security of any information submitted via the Service whilst in transit is your responsibility.
– You are solely responsible for your use of the Service and use it at your own risk and you agree to indemnify us fully and keep us indemnified against any third party claims arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with a breach of any of the aforementioned warranties or representations or arising directly or indirectly out of any act or omission committed by you, your servants, agents, employees or otherwise.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the Service however accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays however caused.
We may alter the design and specification of the Service at any time and need to suspend or prohibit access to it occasionally for maintenance and other necessary works. We shall endeavour to keep any downtime to a minimum and confine it to non-peak periods when possible.
9. LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Information provided pursuant to this Agreement is reasonably fit for purpose and we will ensure that all Information provided is provided in good faith.
However, we are a service company which provides a Service that is continually updated and so do not warrant or represent that all materials in the Service are accurate, error or defect free, complete, reliable and current or that the availability of the Service will be uninterrupted or not delayed or that the Service will be fit for purpose.
Neither do we warrant or represent that the quality or performance of the Service will not be adversely affected by events beyond our reasonable control such as viruses, destruction or unauthorised access.
We accept no responsibility and assume no liability for any content provided by you or for any loss or damage to it or for any user conduct.
As a result, we will not be liable for:
– Loss of or corruption to data or use of such data
– Any form of indirect, consequential or special loss
– Any loss or failure to realise expected profit or revenue or savings or any other form of pure economic loss whether direct or indirect.
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused whether directly or indirectly as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
Other than specified in these Terms we limit our liability for loss (however arising) to the sum of the licence fee paid.
Your use of the Sites is at your own risk and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any content store in the Service at your sole expense.
You agree to indemnify us against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses including legal fees arising in any way from your use or misuse of the Service or any violation of these Terms by you or the placement or transmission of any message, information or other materials through the Service by you.
You agree that the Service offers no certainty of success and that we will not be responsible for any failure to secure any suitable employment, course, other placement or to achieve any alternative aim or objective.
Nothing in these Terms shall operate as an exclusion or limitation in respect of liability arising from death or personal injury caused by our negligence or fraud or pre-contractual fraudulent misrepresentation.
Except for our total aggregate liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty, misrepresentation, restitution) or otherwise arising in connection with the Services and/or these Terms shall be limited to the sum of the licence fee paid.
This licence is revocable at any time so we may terminate or suspend it at any time if you breach any provision of these Terms or if we reasonably consider the Service is being used in an unauthorised, inappropriate or improper manner or otherwise.
We will take such action as we deem appropriate to prevent the unauthorised, inappropriate or improper use including editing or removing your content.
If use of the Service is suspended it may be reinstated if we are convinced that your assurance that there will be no further contraventions are valid and genuine otherwise your licence will be terminated.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall be unaffected.
No forbearance or delay on the part of Skills2Use in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict its rights and no waiver of any rights or of any breach of any contractual terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach.
12. COMPANY DETAILS
Skills2Use Limited, 9 Elmwood Road, London W4 3DY
Registered in England & Wales under company number 09378814
– Before sharing any data or any information with any person or body whether through the Service or otherwise, you are advised to verify the reliability and trustworthiness of that person or body and to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to ensure that the integrity and security of the data and information is preserved and protected.
– Your attention is drawn to clause 9 of this Agreement. We are not responsible for the loss of and/or corruption of data or the consequences. We are vigilant and our aim is always to prevent unauthorised access to our system, the Content and the Service. You are advised to ensure that you do everything possible to protect your system against unauthorised access and the activities of hackers generally.